Last week I shared with you the story of my journey from Emergency to finding my Inner Tina Turner through dance. If you missed it, here is The “Linda learns to dance” project, chapter one.
Here is my solo performance All That Jazz by Liza Minelli, choreographed by Caelia Gardiner, and performed before a live audience on 13 Aug 2022 at The Refinery, Saskatoon.
Learning to dance is a big endeavour. I have been helped along the way by countless people. This time I’d like to give a shout out to the many independent small businesses who were an integral part of my journey:
- Dance Alive Studios – choreographer, mentor and owner Caelia Gardiner
- LiveWellwithKV – choreographer, trainer and owner Kailena Van de Nes
- LEAD Wellness – massage therapist Clay Raynard
- ReVamp Salon Company – senior stylist Meghan McGrath
- Happy Body Health Company – the power duo of Angela Erickson and Jackie Reimche
- Jocelyne Poirier – esthetician and makeup consultant
- Nora Beauty Bar – Julie Valette’s beautiful salon for nails and esthetics
- Erin Nicole Grace Elizabeth – entrepreneur, eyelash guru, and makeup consultant Erin Nicole
- Underground Trends – killer consignment and the place I found my costume
About the cover
This is a shot of my performance in the spring workshop. The Dance Alive Studio program sets students up for success by providing as many opportunities as possible for performance and feedback before going onstage. I’d thought I was ready then but in retrospect I changed every aspect of my look except the shoes.
This has been a summer of researching in real life. In the next posts I’ll tell you about my August trip to Victoria, the provincial archives, and the new Chinese Canadian museum.